2.10.2012

Insta-Foods Take Three

   
          
              

I've been way too neglectful of this blog lately because I've just started rehearsals for my next show, but maybe a quick instagram post will sort of make up for it ;)

1. Kettle corn, purchased at the Renaissance Faire I attended with a few friends two weekends ago. Honestly, not sure it was vegan, and it definitely wasn't healthy in the amount consumed (Laurie and I ate nearly the whole bag just on the two hour ride home) but - it was a faire! At least I brought my own lunch and avoided fried noms. No foodie regrets.

2. Brunch at a nearby all-vegan cafe. That's tofu scramble, broccoli, "sausage" patties (from the taste/texture, I think quinoa and black bean possibly), biscuits, and "cheesy" grits. Yum. And one plate made me three meals - so much food!

3. Chocolate Covered Katie's vegan cornbread, topped with PB & Co's white chocolate peanut butter and apricot jam. It was delish, but I think I got the texture wrong. Too much applesauce.

4. Morning oatmeal, my usual fare. This time with cinnamon, banana, & berries as a topping.

5. Chocolate Covered Katie's apple pie pancakes with sugar-free maple syrup. Yeah, I make a lot of Katie's recipes. Because they're amazing.

6. Outback Steakhouse's Hearts of Mahi dish. My roommate's lovely parents took us both out to dinner, and well, I figured a bit of fish couldn't hurt me. It was my first animal product in about a month; it was topped with artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, and served with veggies. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment