- Half a package Mori-Nu firm silken tofu (about 6oz)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2-3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of cumin
- Pinch of dry basil
- Salt & pepper to taste (I used herbamare)
- Pasta of choice (I used spinach & brown rice pasta - gluten free)
- Veggies add-ins of choice (I used a bag of frozen peas, you can use anything you like here...throw in your leftover veggies of the season, like asparagus, or toss in some spinach, carrots, green beans... find your perfect combo!)
First, cook your pasta according to package directions. Depending on how saucy (oh la la) you like your noodles, this sauce should cover about 3-4 servings of pasta, so keep that in mind. It reheats well. Once your pasta is almost finished cooking, you can toss in any frozen veggies (if using) to thaw them out and warm them up. If using fresh vegetables, you can either steam them and add them in later or blanch them in the water to warm them if you like.
The second part is the sauce. Pull out your blender and add all ingredients above, excepting salt, pasta, and veggies. Blend until you reach a smooth, creamy consistency. Taste and season again to your liking.
Finally, just portion out your pasta and veggies and pour some sauce on top. Enjoy! It's super simple, quick, and delicious - without all the heavy dairy and plus a good bit of protein.