2.07.2012

Berry Banana Bonanza Oatmeal

I have a confession to make: I love breakfast. 


Breakfast is what encourages me most to get out of bed in the morning and get my day going. I would be such a grumpypants without it. Even so, my breakfasts are not extremely varied due to time constraints (i.e. college and my lazy butt not wanting to get up at 7 am to make pancakes and whatnot) and I usually revert to either cereal or oatmeal.

My favorite cereals are Whole-O's or Barbara's Honey Rice Puffins with sliced banana, almond milk, cinnamon, and a drizzle of honey. This rarely varies. But my oatmeal...I can do anything with my oatmeal.

Including mixing in applesauce, nut butters, banana, honey, maple syrup, raisins...and berries. Sometimes I just throw them in, but lately I've been using my new food processor (the Ninja) to blend it up a bit and really get the flavors mixed it. 

Monday morning I created the "berry banana bonanza"*
It involves...
  • 2 handfuls frozen mixed berries (blueberry, blackberry, strawberry)
  • One sliced banana
  • Cooked stovetop oats
  • Cinnamon (to taste, I like a lot)
  • Tablespoon of honey

It was very simple. I cooked the oats, threw them in my Ninja with half the banana, the berries, cinnamon, and the honey. Blended it until I liked the creamy texture, put it in a bowl, and threw the rest of the banana on top. Easy peasy and very delicious. Should definitely give your morning a vitamin C kick should you try it ;)

What are some of your favorite breakfast foods/oatmeal mix-ins?
Sonja

*many thanks to my lovely roommate Nicole for the title

No comments:

Post a Comment